Sep 14, 2010

Long weekend and Universal Studios with Mommy


I was not making plans to go out over the long weekend at all, but alas my plans were foiled by the long weekend. Totally wrecked my I-am-not-going-out-in-September plans. I am like flat broke for a variety of reasons. But anyway over the long weekend I caught up with some old friends, and it was always a great pleasure to do so.

Started with catching up with D. Haven't seen her for almost half a year, so it was awesome to just meet and chat and had the most thoughtful service @ The Handburger, Raffles City. They sorta forgot the order, and checked on us after realizing. Aside from making sure that our food came pronto, they not only waived off the service charge, but gave us a 10% discount on top of that. Talk about being thoughtful.

the handburger with pesto mushroom


chocolate affrogato @ TCC for desserts


And on Friday was my friends whom I didn't get to see for awhile, and KTV didn't happen because HY had to go back and take care of J =(

Most pleasant surprise came in the form of a call with news of free tickets to Universal Studios on Saturday, complete with meal vouchers and retail vouchers. So despite my earlier quarrel with mommy, I was sorta excited to go out with her.

Mom and I have our silly tiffs and fights all the time, but I love her dearly. And its been a while since I've gone out with her, so we quickly finished what we had to do, put on our summer clothes and went to Sentosa. It was quite a lot of fun really. We even took a roller coaster. Mommy was so scared though. She kept her eyes closed and held on to my arms so tightly.





ABSOLUTELY worth mentioning is Steven Spielberg's Lights, Camera, Action. They showed us how they recreate special effects in the studio, and the special effect in question is a Category 4 hurricane in New York. It was quite awesome and amazing I must say. The lights and sounds and fire and water and wind really took my breath away. Not going to bore with the little details but I think these little family moments remind me of how blessed I am.

Like how seeing my little brother all grown up and entering NS, and us having a nice family dinner together right before he enters. Also seeing A's family having a feast at the same time, adds that loving warm touch. I guess when we all grow up, its so easy to just neglect the family, always thinking that they will always be around. In life, there is really little room for neglect. I am glad that instead of sticking to my original plan, this kismet of an event happened and I spent it with mommy.

Hopefully there'll be more family time with the rest of them. Remember to show your appreciation for the ones you love =)

No comments: