Dec 30, 2011

New Year Stuff

So I have never been the kind of person to make new year resolutions because I find it completely unrealistic and lame. I mean you read all these goals that people make once a year and fail horribly to keep it like, "Oh for the new year I will stop smoking and lose 10kg". Honey if you wanted to stop smoking, you would have stopped a long time ago and you would not need the new year to help you achieve it. Its not that I am cynical or anything, its just that I am too practical I guess.

At the end of year however, I like to look back, almost like a year in review and look at what I've achieved and think about where I would like to be in life, (not how many kilos I want to gain). I am an incredulously optimistic and positive person, so almost every year for me is a smashing year. Of course there are some exceptions, but you know what I mean.


2011 was a great year for me. Career wise, I started the year with a promotion and then at the end of the year, I moved into an exciting company doing what I really love, moving into 2012, I want to excel here in Flamingo and do all the great work well. I really cannot express how happy I am to be here, but I really am. There's so much love, so much intelligence floating around!

Drinking with the Flamingoes


Family wise, it was also excellent. Sister managed to secure a scholarship and a place in RMIT to further her studies as the offers from the Singaporean universities were not of programs that she would like to study. And to top up the good news, the scholarship got extended and she is now able to do her honours year! Everyone else is well in the family, and I am certain that the family will continue to be happy in 2012.

Mom and I at MBS for my birthday, Nov 2011


I also managed to keep in contact with a fair bit of my friends and the love and concern that all of you have shown me through this difficult period of time is just amazing. In 2012, let's get together often for dinner and drinks, and home-cooked dinner parties! And for my old friends, drop me a note and let's catch up too!

I've travelled a lot this year actually. I went to Shanghai, Paris, Melbourne (twice), Bali, and of course spent more money than I should, but I love travelling! What to do? Next year, I want to spend more time in Asia, going to the exotic beaches and hopefully find time to travel up to Beijing to find my dear Mark Ho.

Streets of Paris, 2011


Personally, aside from the surgery, everything is going excellently. Something in late 2010, I met a very special person whom I became, literally, inseparable with. I don't really need to say much, but I am very very thankful that Fabian came into my life, in the simplest manner - patience, communication and understanding.

Fabian and I, July 2011


And that's it really. What else is there in life aside from all this? So here's to a happy 2012, and hoping that I would be able to bring more smiles to more people's life!

Cooking in the kitchen to bring smiles to the elderly.
Love,
Kiezin (Scott)

No comments: