Mar 1, 2005

yesterday, someone wrote to ST forum: "I am a Chinese free thinker. Therefore, I am always irritated when people try to convert me to their religion and impose their beliefs on me. It is all well and good that they can find something to believe in, but it does not mean they need to impose their beliefs on others.

I was shocked to realise certain religions capitalised on the tsunami disaster to gather more converts. About a week after the disaster, en route from Yio Chu Kang MRT station to Nanyang Polytechnic, no fewer than three people were distributing a booklet detailing the association between God and the tsunami.

After I scanned it, I threw it away as I found it offensive to my own beliefs. They were also distributing to people who were obviously of other religious beliefs."

i couldn't have said it better. especially the part about exploitating the tsunami. if i were god, i wouldn't want people who converted just because they were scared of dying.
#####
that was from paul. which is besides the point. zealots fanatics from city harvest and the likes like trinity methodist and others should just die in hell and rot to pieces. may you guys, in your near coming future drown in your own bathtub! i believe god does not endorse oppurtunistic evangelist that uses such a tragedy to gain brownie point
#####
it was soup. dioxides from the air-conditionin; monoxides from the heating system; ammonia and formaldehydes from cigarettes; ozone from photocopiesr; stunning vapours from plastics, solvents and fluorescent lights. what oxygen remained was drenched in dust and particles and micro-organism, mites and fibres from carpeting, fleece from furniture, airborne amoebi from humidifying reserviors, ceellulose from paper waste, bugs, fungi, lice.
- the arcadia, jim crace

No comments: